Collier Township is a Live Well Allegheny Community!
Collier Commissioners pledge the following steps within our community to advance and support Live Well Allegheny in Collier:
- Promote participation in a voluntary wellness campaign for the community’s employees.
- Share information on wellness campaign events with the broader community to encourage the voluntary participation of residents.
- Plan, promote, and implement a Live Well Allegheny event in cooperation with the campaign that encourages active living.
- Develop indoor and outdoor wellness trails accessible to residents of all abilities.
- Develop walking maps, measure the distances mapped and encourage residents to meet goals.
- Encourage multi-modal transportation of residents by providing facilities or policies that encourage walking and bike riding.
- Promote and support farmers markets.
- Encourage involvement with community volunteer activities.
- Promote smoke-free buildings and perimeters.
- Provide health information focused on monthly or seasonal events.
- Utilize websites and social media to provide information on physical activity, nutrition, stress, management, tobacco cessation, and other health and wellness initiatives.