When do I need a zoning permit?

You will need to obtain a zoning approval permit when erecting a fence or any accessory use structure such as a:

  • Car port
  • Deck
  • Parking pads
  • Shed
  • Small garage
  • Swimming pool
  • Wall

Commercial signs also require zoning approval. These are just some examples to give you a general guideline. Also please note that the Township Ordinances require a survey of the property be submitted with the zoning permit application for permission to erect a fence.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit?
2. When is a building permit not required?
3. When do I need a zoning permit?
4. If I decide to sell my home or rent it, do I need a Certificate of Occupancy?
5. Where do I report an Ordinance complaint such as high grass, unsightly property, abandoned vehicles, etc.?